I would like some information on starting a yearbook with Strawbridge Studios…how do I start?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your school name, contact information and times you are available to meet with the representative in your area.
Who do I talk to about pricing?
Our representatives would be more than happy to discuss price with you. Please email
email@example.com and the local area representative will get you a quote within 24 hours.
Who do I talk to if I want to change my copy count/page count?
You should discuss copy and page changes with your Account Representative. The price of each book will change when you adjust pages and copies. If you are unsure of who your representative is please contact our main office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-889-6092.
What are my deadlines?
March 1st is the deadline for all submissions.
How do I keep track of my orders? How do I know who ordered online?
The School is responsible for the yearbook sale as well as keeping record of all orders whether online or direct payments to the school. You can keep track of online orders and print reports out by going to the following link, http://www.imagequix.com/exec/orderReports/ssYB.php and enter your 6 digit school code.
Can parents order their books online?
If your school chose to use on-line ordering then parents can order on-line.
Can parents order directly from Strawbridge?
The school manages the sales of the yearbooks so we want to make sure each one is sold first so that you are not left with unsellable books. If the school has closed their sale for the year, we can provide parents with books.
I’m concerned about selling all of my books, what can we do to increase sales at our school?
There are many easy things you can do to promote yearbook sales at your school:
- Have homeroom teachers to announce the sale every morning
- Mention the upcoming yearbook sale deadlines on the morning announcements
- Hold a cover contest around school to drum up interest
- Place the posters we provide in high traffic areas around the school
- Send the order forms we provide to the school home
- Display pages you’ve designed in a public area dedicated to collecting yearbook money
These are just a few great ways to promote yearbook sales, please contact your representative for more assistance today.
I want to get started right away, how should I go about getting started? I can start even if I don’t have my portraits ready on-line yet, right?
There are a number of steps you can take to make your yearbook layout process smooth and efficient. We recommend:
- Fill out the page ladder (pg. 32) so you can organize how your book is going to be laid out. You can start preparing the pages by placing backgrounds, clipart and text on the pages you intend to flow the students on.
- Make sure you have pictures for each class, clubs, sports, and organization that you want to dedicate space to in your yearbook. It’s always good to have an activity or a group shot of each class so you can decorate your page with diverse images.
- Make sure you have extra activity shots and field trip pictures for your montage pages.
- To keep a book interesting, you will find that you create montage pages to end a section or fill pages in the yearbook.
- If you have extra pictures and you don’t know if you can use them or where to place them, consider these pictures for your montage page, you’d be surprised what you can come up with!
- Organize all your pictures in a structured manner. Create a master yearbook folder on your desktop, then create folders within for each page in your book. As you collect images store them in the appropriate folder, then when you’re ready to upload your pictures they’ll fall right into place.
- Get your hands on a few yearbooks. They could be from a previous year at your school, or yearbooks from other schools in the area. This will give you ideas and provide a loose guide to follow while laying out your yearbook.
- Most importantly, make sure you receive and check your Student Directory! The sooner the Student Directory is corrected, the sooner you can start laying out the most important part of the book- your students!
Do we offer one-on-one training?
Our representatives can come by to do training in person or one of our customer service staff members can log into your computer and hold the demonstration over the internet. We offer webinars twice a week during the yearbook season. Visit our website to view our tutorial videos. There are numerous resources available to you.
Can I make elements in Photoshop and place them in the book?
Backgrounds and graphic elements can be created in alternate software like Photoshop and brought into the software. Make sure you are saving these images as RGB color JPGs. If you want to create your own background, be aware that the page size is 8.5 x 11.
How do I submit an image to you?
If you are having trouble uploading images, please email email@example.com for assistance.
What sort of format should our photos be in?
All images should be RGB color JPGs. If you can control your image size set them to 300 DPI and make them 4.5×6 inches, 2241×3000 pixels.
When will I receive my portrait CD / my students be available in the on-line layout program?
We make sure your original, absentee, and faculty picture day are included in one export. Once the absentee is submitted to our labs, we upload all of your students to your layout software. You’ll make data corrections in the program and begin flowing your class pages.
Will I be able to use my yearbook portraits for a school function, presentation or website?
The provided PSPA images are OK for on-line use. But the images are sized down to be used for yearbook portraits so printing them any larger than a portrait panel will result in poor print quality. You may want to contact your representative for more information regarding the products and services we can offer.
How do I choose my cover?
There are a few options:
- Standard Cover: We provide a number of pre-made designs for you to choose from. Visit http://www.strawbridge.net/administrators/yearbooks/our-program/standard-cover-designs/ to select a standard cover.
- Create your own: You can design your own cover in the layout software we provide. You can also design your own cover in whichever software you feel comfortable with, but you must submit a PDF that is print ready (11.25×17.25, 1/16th bleed on each side).
- Custom Cover Design: Submit all digital materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, and in the subject line of the email include your school name and the words ‘Yearbook Custom Cover’. One of our talented designers will create a custom cover for you. If you have an idea you would like us to work with let us know.
If you have hard copy materials that need to be scanned, please send them to:
Strawbridge Studios, Inc.
3616 Hillsborough Road
Durham, NC 27705
We will return all original copies after the yearbook has been printed and delivered.
Do you create custom designs for the book? Is that an extra Charge?
NO CHARGE, free custom design by a professional designer. You will receive cutting edge cover design for free, we highly recommend all hard back customers take advantage of our custom cover service.
I really want to create the book with a specific theme. Do you have any artwork or designs that are theme based?
We do have a number of themes built into the backgrounds and clipart of the software. We do not do custom theme design. You will have the ability to customize your pages in the program.
What happens after I submit my book?
After you submit your yearbook we will begin the proofing and printing process. We provide you with a printed copy of your book for review before we go to press.
How long until I receive my proof?
Once the book is submitted it takes approximately 2 weeks to deliver the proof to the school.
Are we able to correct the book/cover before it goes to print?
We use a hard copy proofing system that is commonly found in commercial printing. After submission, we print one copy of the book and cover you designed and mail the book to you for review. You can make corrections in the software and then submit your Final Submission Form to our offices for the final printing.
Do I have to mail my proof back?
No, you may keep your hard copy proof. You are only required to send back your Final Submission Form to begin printing
Once my Final Submission Form is returned, how long until my books arrive?
It usually only takes 2 to 3 weeks for softback books to be delivered, and 3 to 4 for hardbacks and perfect bound.
Can the school order more books?
Yes, the school can place an order for more yearbooks. There is no quantity requirement but there will be a $10 reorder fee plus shipping costs.